If you or a loved one has had an injury, whether it caused a permanent or temporary disability, investing in the proper medical equipment is essential. Bringing in home medical equipment is a great way to work through your disability and gain a better sense of independence in your home. In this article, we will explain the importance of having your own home medical equipment.
At Wheelchair & Walker Rentals Inc., we offer both long and short-term home medical equipment to physicians and their clients. Based in El Paso, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service and durable equipment to those who need it. If you’re interested in renting our medical equipment, call (915) 544-7144 or contact us online today.
The Benefits of Home Medical Equipment
Depending on the severity of your or your loved one’s health condition, it can be difficult to get a hold of a health professional in an emergency. When you have home medical equipment in your place of residency, like a hospital bed or wheelchair, it can come in handy when health conditions suddenly change and cause limited mobility. Read below for a list of the benefits of owning home medical equipment.
- Increases safety for the patient- Home medical equipment can make the caregiver’s duties a lot easier to perform. The equipment is easy to monitor and the patient’s loved ones will be able to use it with confidence.
- Can potentially save lives in the event of an emergency- The medical devices are programmed to notify caregivers if the patient’s health rapidly declines. While waiting for a first responder to arrive, the home medical equipment can provide emergency care which can ultimately save the patient’s life.
- Can monitor chronic diseases- When it comes to chronic illnesses, home medical equipment is a great support tool for the patient and their caregiver. The equipment can monitor daily health updates so that the doctor can be accurately informed of their progress. Chronic illnesses that can be monitored by home medical equipment are cancer, asthma, and diabetes.
- Encourages a healthy lifestyle- Test results from the home medical equipment can remind the patient to take care of their health. These reminders can help change the long-term effects of their health and provide a healthier way of living.
- You won’t always need expensive medical procedures- Patients who are living with chronic or terminal illnesses need constant observation. Owning home medical equipment can save the patient time and money by avoiding non-emergency trips to the hospital. Some medical equipment patients can use include hospital beds, analyzers for blood, urine, and glucose, and even ECG units. By owning your equipment, you can also avoid the broken down fees like nurse and doctor services.
Home Medical Equipment in El Paso
At Wheelchair & Walker Rentals Inc., we offer great deals on home medical equipment to better help our clients. We are based in El Paso but have been serving other areas in Texas and New Mexico for over 50 years. No matter what kind of home medical equipment you’re looking for, Wheelchair & Walker has what you need. For more information about our inventory, call (915) 544-7144 or contact us online today.